Whitespace At Work
- Digital Micro-Learning on WhiteSpace efficiency and effectiveness
- Surveys and Diagnostics quantifying the cost and impact of busywork
- Executive Consulting on Culture and workflow simplification
- Developmental Assessments on personality dimensions of professional overload
- Content-rich keynotes on WhiteSpace efficiency and effectiveness norms
- Webinars on Email, Meetings, Innovation and many other topics
- WhiteSpace Success Communities; our ongoing cultural maintenance program
Here’s what we do in a nutshell:
WHAT: We help high-achieving teams reduce busywork, so they can execute better.
WHY: We are brought in by companies where busywork is gobbling up professional capacity, where talented folks are working on the edge of burnout and where time to step back, think and innovate is scarce.
WHEN: We’re often brought in as the missing recipe ingredient to organizations doing work simplification but ignoring critical elements. Typically, large companies use reorganizations, technology improvements, and process improvements when wanting to become more agile, but they tend to forget human habit, culture, and philosophy.
HOW: We teach through a core program of digital micro-learning with a total learner time commitment of 21 minutes per week. This coursework is augmented with add-ons such as assessments, webinars, executive consulting, and other services depending on passion and budget. All digital roll-outs are supported by our comprehensive accountability process and playbooks.
WHO: It is typical to choose a pilot population of 250–500 people before rolling through the organization. We assess potential populations based on two main factors:
1. Leadership personality: The person over the pilot must be what we call an evolved leader—that is, someone who understands the importance of this work and models suggested behaviors.
2. Intact population: The pilot population should be an intact group that works largely with each other; so that cultural shifts are not constantly poisoned by the untrained perimeter.