Tuesday, December 4, 2018
7:30 am - 8:00 am Breakfast
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Remarks
8:05 am - 8:35 am eBay's Leader As Coach JourneyJudy Dutton - Senior Director, Global Talent & Organization Development eBay
eBay’s new approach to performance management (aka Performance Success) is predicated on frequent and skilled coaching conversations. To do this, eBay made its largest leadership investment in 2500 people leaders. What was unprecedented was that never before had eBay invested in ALL people leaders – this isn’t just for top talent or executives. Through a unique 10-week learning journey, we are half way through qualifying our people leaders with an internal eBay coaching qualification. We’ve been excited by the data, the team and organizational learning, and the impact of this innovative coaching solutions.
· Improve employee engagement scores in decision making, career & empowerment
· Improve leader effectiveness scores
· Transform to an innovative way of learning
· Increase learner expectations
Judy DuttonSenior Director, Global Talent & Organization Development
8:35 am - 9:20 am Practitioner Roundtable Discussions Continued
Earlier in the exchange, you had the opportunity to choose one of four critical L&D topic areas as identified by the Thoughtexchange tool. Smaller groups were formed to develop an action plan for improvement. Wouldn’t you like to know what happened in one of the groups you didn’t attend? Here’s your chance! During this session, you will have the opportunity to choose a different group and further explore the key insights and share experiences with other CLO's through peer discussions, building on the insights gathered in the Day One round tables.
9:20 am - 9:50 am Panel: Blurred Lines: The Role of L&D in Talent ManagementKelly Wojda - Global Learning & Development Director Caterpillar
· Highlight the need for continuous and informal learning
· Leverage talent analytics to improve decision support for learning priorities and programs
· Bind learning as an integral part of talent management to optimize business results
Kelly WojdaGlobal Learning & Development Director
9:55 am - 10:25 am Business Meeting
10:25 am - 10:55 am Business Meeting
10:55 am - 11:25 am Business Meeting/Break
Masterclass11:25 am - 12:10 pm Solve Your Content Problem Once & For All!
Are you stuck with old-school canned courses that don’t actually resonate with your learners anymore? Are budgetary and resource constraints hindering your ability to author enough content to keep up with the internal demand?
Either way, your learners expect an evolving and constantly improving learning experience, and your challenge is to figure out how to fill up and consistently top off the learning environment.
- Explore user behavior and consumption data related to informal and curated content
- Learn to leverage the best of the freely available content online
- Share tools and techniques you can use to identify and curate appropriate informal content for your organization
Masterclass11:25 am - 12:10 pm Disruptive Tech: Integrating Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) & Mobile Learning in Your Learning Porcess
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm How Storytelling Inspires Results - A Powerful Leadership Program with ROIDaryl Juran - Director, Learning & Development New Balance
Before our senior leaders start our nine-day leadership program, they tell us that they have attended many programs and can’t imagine how this one would be different. When we designed Signature Leadership, we didn’t want just another program with no sustained results.
Storytelling is the thread that draws our leaders out in ways that they have never experienced before. Leaning into vulnerability, our participants share stories of pain, sadness, difference, and aloneness. They speak honestly about their functions, their successes, and their failures because we have created a context for them to be human, honest, and open. It is through this honest storytelling, that new stories get created and collaboration emerges.
The program is designed to break down silos, build agility and flexibility, and to spark new thinking about business. The ten participants in our most recent program offered ideas to save the company over $2 million. During this interactive session, attendees will:
· Learn about our unconventional approach to leadership development
· Understand why people say this is the best leadership program they have been in anywhere
Daryl JuranDirector, Learning & Development
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm Panel: Multimodal Learning: What's the Right Mix for Your Training Initiative?Mary Farrell - Director, Learning & Development The Hershey Company
Many organizations are trying to figure out how to successfully embrace digital transformation and implement continuous learning ecosystems for employees in the face of rapid digital disruption. This new approach requires a new mindset, new skills and a new approach, but architecting a new approach to learning in real life is no small task.
As a learning leader, how do you know which modalities to choose for a given training initiative? How well do you know your learner preferences? What’s the best way to integrate learning into the learner’s work day? During this session, we’ll explore use cases for the most popular learning modalities and explore future priorities.
· Explore use case scenarios with mobile apps, eLearning, simulations, gamification and others, as well as formats such as instructor-led, on the job and coaching
· Review the differences and unique opportunities with gamification, serious games, and simulations
· Highlight the common learning modality challenges and how to overcome with ease
· Review the measures companies employ when adopting a new learning modality
· Discus the learning modalities of the future
Mary FarrellDirector, Learning & Development
The Hershey Company